Wikisource:A Taberna

Replacement filing cabinet.svg
Arquivos

A nosa taberna úsase para debater sobre cuestións técnicas, políticas e normas, e todo tipo de operacións e temas relacionados coa Wikisource. Cree unha nova conversa

A Taberna: Galipedia - Galizionario - Commons - Wikisource - Galilibros - Wikiquote


Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!Editar

Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua

A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:

Patrick Earley (WMF) via MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 5 de Xaneiro de 2016 ás 01:49 (UTC)

2016 WMF Strategy consultationEditar

Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua

Hello, all.

The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)

Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.

Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)

If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to mdennis@wikimedia.org.

I hope you'll join us! Maggie Dennis via MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 18 de xaneiro de 2016 ás 19:06 (UTC)

Server switch 2016Editar

The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.

They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.

Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.

You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.

  • You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).

If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.

Other effects:

  • Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.

Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.

  • There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.

No non-essential code deployments will take place.

This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17 de abril de 2016 ás 21:08 (UTC)

Espazo de nomes "Autor:"Editar

Traslado dende a miña páxina de conversa para darlle máis visibilidade de cara a tarefa aberta no phabricator. Banjo tell me 4 de maio de 2016 ás 11:39 (UTC)

Ola Banjo.

Na Wikisource en inglés, catalán, francés, grego, italiano, portugués, esperanto, holandés, romanés .... teñen un espazo de nomes específico ("Autor:...") para as páxinas dos autores.

Na Wikisource en castelán e alemán, non. Nesas non teñen espazo de nomes "Autor:".

Eu son partidario de que si. De crear o espazo de nomes, e mover alí as páxinas dos autores. Ti que opinas? --HombreDHojalata (conversa) 29 de abril de 2016 ás 22:12 (UTC)

Parece unha boa idea. Gallaecio (conversa) 30 de abril de 2016 ás 11:43 (UTC)
É boa idea´; se cadra pode dar problemas cando a autoría é descoñecida. --Estevoaei (conversa) 30 de abril de 2016 ás 11:47 (UTC)
Ídem. --Atobar (conversa) 30 de abril de 2016 ás 16:44 (UTC)
Eu penso que estará ben separar unhas cousas doutras, o espazo principal deste proxecto deben ser os textos fontes, as páxinas de autores ben poden ir nese espazo separado. Non vexo o problema cos textos de autoría descoñecida, eses textos simplemente non estarán ligados cunha páxina de autor, claro que eu non controlo nada deste proxecto, ollo. Saúdos, --Elisardojm (conversa) 1 de maio de 2016 ás 00:22 (UTC)
  Concordo, pero teño que admitir que porque teño fe en vós. Non vexo moito as implicacións dunha cousa ou da contraria :( Non é un proxecto no que eu teña realmente actividade --Xabier Cid (conversa) 2 de maio de 2016 ás 07:10 (UTC)
  Concordo, mentres non sexa moi complicado todo o que sexa un avance é benvido. Como eu acabo de abrir e detectar "Conversa usuaria", sería Autor:/Autora:? Sobreira (conversa) 2 de maio de 2016 ás 10:06 (UTC)
Ola Sobreira. No caso de "Autor" non hai distinción de xénero, é unha etiqueta xeral que se aplica ó espazo de nomes. Para os usuarios hai unha opción nas preferencias persoais que permite diferenciar entre "Usuario" e "usuaria" se así o marca o/a usuari@ en cuestión, pero é un "amaño", o espazo de nomes en si mesmo segue tendo unha etiqueta única que é "Usuario" e "conversa usuario". Banjo tell me 2 de maio de 2016 ás 11:40 (UTC)

Xa fixeron o cambio, agora xa existe o espazo de nomes "Autor:" coa súa conversa, e "Page:" e "Index" agora son "Páxina" e "Índice", coas súas conversas correspondentes. Banjo tell me 5 de maio de 2016 ás 19:55 (UTC)

Open call for Project GrantsEditar

Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua:

Greetings! The Project Grants program is accepting proposals from July 1st to August 2nd to fund new tools, research, offline outreach (including editathon series, workshops, etc), online organizing (including contests), and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers.
Whether you need a small or large amount of funds, Project Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
Also accepting candidates to join the Project Grants Committee through July 15.
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 5 de xullo de 2016 ás 15:25 (UTC)

Save/PublishEditar

Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 9 de agosto de 2016 ás 18:03 (UTC)

RevisionSliderEditar

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 12 de setembro de 2016 ás 16:08 (UTC)

Grants to improve your projectEditar

Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua:

Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 30 de setembro de 2016 ás 20:11 (UTC)

Creative Commons 4.0Editar

Ola! Escribo en nome da Fundación Wikimedia para convidarvos a comentar sobre a proposta de cambio da licenza CC BY-SA 3.0 pola licenza CC BY-SA 4.0 en todos os proxectos da Wikimedia. A consulta realizarase entre o 5 de outubro e o 8 de novembro de 2016. Esperamos recibir unha morea de puntos de vista e opinións. Por favor, se estades interesados, formade parte da conversa en Meta-Wiki. Joe Sutherland 6 de outubro de 2016 ás 00:18 (UTC)

Password resetEditar

I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽

We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.

Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.

In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.

Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (Conversa) / MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 14 de novembro de 2016 ás 00:00 (UTC)

Adding to the above section (Password reset)Editar

Please accept my apologies - that first line should read "Help with translations!". Joe Sutherland (WMF) (talk) / MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 14 de novembro de 2016 ás 00:11 (UTC)

New way to edit wikitextEditar

James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --14 de decembro de 2016 ás 19:31 (UTC)

Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy processEditar

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.

This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.

The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.

Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.

Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:

More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation, 15 de febreiro de 2017 ás 20:31 (UTC) • Por favor, axude a traducir á súa linguaGet help

Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy processEditar

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.

Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.

Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:

More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation, 9 de marzo de 2017 ás 19:44 (UTC) • Por favor, axude a traducir á súa linguaGet help

We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)Editar

18 de marzo de 2017 ás 05:10 (UTC)

Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionsEditar

Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.

The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.

The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).

We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.

Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.

The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.

The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.

  • April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
  • April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
  • April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
  • May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
  • May 15–19 – Board vote checking
  • May 20 – Board result announcement goal

In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:

  • Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
    • There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
  • Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
    • One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.

Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.

More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections wikimedia.org.

On behalf of the Election Committee,
Katie Chan, Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
Joe Sutherland, Community Advocate, Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 7 de abril de 2017 ás 03:37 (UTC) • Por favor, axude a traducir á súa linguaGet help

Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 MayEditar

MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 11 de abril de 2017 ás 17:34 (UTC)

Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionsEditar

3 de maio de 2017 ás 19:14 (UTC)

Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict ViewEditar

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 8 de maio de 2017 ás 14:41 (UTC)

RevisionSliderEditar

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 16 de maio de 2017 ás 14:44 (UTC)

Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)Editar

16 de maio de 2017 ás 21:09 (UTC)

Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee electionsEditar

23 de maio de 2017 ás 21:05 (UTC)

Improved search in deleted pages archiveEditar

Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua

During Wikimedia Hackathon 2016, the Discovery team worked on one of the items on the 2015 community wishlist, namely enabling searching the archive of deleted pages. This feature is now ready for production deployment, and will be enabled on all wikis, except Wikidata.

Right now, the feature is behind a feature flag - to use it on your wiki, please go to the Special:Undelete page, and add &fuzzy=1 to the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=1. Then search for the pages you're interested in. There should be more results than before, due to using ElasticSearch indexing (via the CirrusSearch extension).

We plan to enable this improved search by default on all wikis soon (around August 1, 2017). If you have any objections to this - please raise them with the Discovery team via email or on this announcement's discussion page. Like most Mediawiki configuration parameters, the functionality can be configured per wiki. Once the improved search becomes the default, you can still access the old mode using &fuzzy=0 in the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=0

Please note that since Special:Undelete is an admin-only feature, this search capability is also only accessible to wiki admins.

Grazas! CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 25 de xullo de 2017 ás 18:41 (UTC)

Accessible editing buttonsEditar

--Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 27 de xullo de 2017 ás 16:56 (UTC)

Changes to the global ban policyEditar

Hello. Some changes to the community global ban policy have been proposed. Your comments are welcome at m:Requests for comment/Improvement of global ban policy. Please translate this message to your language, if needed. Cordially. Matiia (Matiia) 12 de novembro de 2017 ás 00:34 (UTC)

New print to pdf feature for mobile web readersEditar

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20 de novembro de 2017 ás 22:07 (UTC)

AdvancedSearchEditar

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 7 de maio de 2018 ás 14:53 (UTC)

Update on page issues on mobile webEditar

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 12 de xuño de 2018 ás 20:58 (UTC)

Bot rights for User:Wikisource-botEditar

Hi. With the requirement to fix the page categorisation as notified at phab:T198470, I would like to propose to the community to have our bot run through and address the problem with the solution identified. The bot has been used to resolve issue previously on the Wikisources.

Thanks. Billinghurst (conversa) 7 de xullo de 2018 ás 09:06 (UTC)

@Agremon your decision? Ankry (conversa) 8 de agosto de 2018 ás 05:50 (UTC)
The bot flag assigned by a steward. Ankry (conversa) 16 de agosto de 2018 ás 06:40 (UTC)
Ok. I'm sorry. I've delayeda and don't remembered. --Agremon (conversa) 27 de outubro de 2018 ás 16:28 (UTC)

Addition of glWS to global botsEditar

Above I have added a bot request, as this wiki is not within the global bot project, per list m:Special:WikiSets/2. Would the community consider opting in to the global bots, so that when we have Wikisource-wide fixes for mw:Extension:ProofreadPage that is possible to organise the bots to do the jobs within Phabricator, and simply get the fix in place. Billinghurst (conversa) 7 de xullo de 2018 ás 09:06 (UTC)

Global preferences are availableEditar

10 de xullo de 2018 ás 19:19 (UTC)

Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JSEditar

New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JSEditar

New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JSEditar

Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from nowEditar

(Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua)

Hi all,

as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the interface-admin (Administradores da interface) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.

Thanks!
Tgr (talk) 27 de agosto de 2018 ás 12:39 (UTC) (via global message delivery)

Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 OctoberEditar

6 de setembro de 2018 ás 13:33 (UTC)

The GFDL license on CommonsEditar

20 de setembro de 2018 ás 18:11 (UTC)

Words hyphenated across pages in Wikisource are now joinedEditar

Hi, this is a message by Can da Lua as discussed here for wikisource communities

The ProofreadPage extension can now join together a word that is split between a page and the next.

In the past, when a page was ending with "concat-" and the next page was beginning with "enation", the resulting transclusion would have been "concat- enation", and a special template like d:Q15630535 had to be used to obtain the word "concatenation".

Now the default behavior has changed: the hyphen at the end of a page is suppressed and in this case no space is inserted, so the result of the transclusion will be: "concatenation", without the need of a template. The "joiner" character is defined by default as "-" (the regular hyphen), but it is possible to change this. A template may still be needed to deal with particular cases when the hyphen needs to be preserved.

Please share this information with your community.

MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 30 de setembro de 2018 ás 10:28 (UTC)

The Community Wishlist SurveyEditar

30 de outubro de 2018 ás 11:05 (UTC)

Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile webEditar

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 13 de novembro de 2018 ás 19:34 (UTC)

OK. Thanks. --HombreDHojalata (conversa) 20 de novembro de 2018 ás 21:12 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey voteEditar

22 de novembro de 2018 ás 18:13 (UTC)

Advanced SearchEditar

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 26 de novembro de 2018 ás 11:02 (UTC)

Selection of the Wikisource Community User Group representative to the Wikimedia SummitEditar

Dear all,

Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.

The Wikisource Community User Group could send one representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 (formerly "Wikimedia Conference"). The Wikimedia Summit is a yearly conference of all organizations affiliated to the Wikimedia Movement (including our Wikisource Community User Group). It is a great place to talk about Wikisource needs to the chapters and other user groups that compose the Wikimedia movement. For context, there is a short report on what happened last year. The deadline is short and to avoid the confusing vote on the Wikisource-I mailing list of last year, we created a page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit.

The vote will be in two parts:

  1. until December 7th, people can add their name and a short explanation on who they are and why they want to go to the summit. Nomination of other people is allowed, the nominated person should accept their nomination.
  2. starting December 7th, and for a week, the community vote to designate the representative.

Please feel free to ask any question on the wikisource-I mailing list or on the talk page.

For the Wikisource Community User Group, Tpt (talk) 15:15, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

Mover estatutos de A3GALEditar

Boas, algún administrador, Agremon, Banjo ou User:HombreDHojalata, podería importar esta versión dos estatutos de A3GAL e poñelos en Estatutos da Asociación de Amigas e Amigos da Galipedia e Coñecemento Libre? Saúdos, --Elisardojm (conversa) 6 de decembro de 2018 ás 00:27 (UTC)

Tamén habería que mover a acta fundacional a Acta fundacional da Asociación de Amigas e Amigos da Galipedia e Coñecemento Libre. Saúdos, --Elisardojm (conversa) 6 de decembro de 2018 ás 08:57 (UTC)
@Elisardojm: e @Estevoaei::   Feito!. --HombreDHojalata (conversa) 6 de decembro de 2018 ás 10:49 (UTC)
Moitas grazas HombreDHojalata. Saúdos, --Elisardojm (conversa) 6 de decembro de 2018 ás 18:21 (UTC)

New Wikimedia password policy and requirementsEditar

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 6 de decembro de 2018 ás 20:03 (UTC)

Wikisource Community User Group representative voteEditar

Dear all,

Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.

Following the previous message, the vote for the representative of the Wikisource Community User Group to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 is now open.

There is two great candidates on page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit. You can support a candidate now. All active Wikisource users can vote. The vote is ending on December 14, 2018.

Feel free to ask any question on the wikisource-I mailing list or on the talk page.

Grazas!

For the Wikisource Community User Group, Tpt (talk) December 8, 2018 at 18:53 (UTC)

Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019Editar

Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua

Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.

Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.

The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.

The theme of 2019 iteration is Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.

Sign up your affiliate or individually at Participants page.

To know more about the contest, check out our Commons Page and FAQs

There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!

Kind regards,

Wiki Loves Love Team

Imagine... the sum of all love!

--MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 27 de decembro de 2018 ás 10:12 (UTC)

FileExporter beta featureEditar

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 14 de xaneiro de 2019 ás 09:41 (UTC)

No editing for 30 minutes on 17 JanuaryEditar

You will not be able to edit the wikis for up to 30 minutes on 17 January 07:00 UTC. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are not affected on this page. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /Johan (WMF)

16 de xaneiro de 2019 ás 18:40 (UTC)

Talk to us about talkingEditar

Trizek (WMF) 21 de febreiro de 2019 ás 15:01 (UTC)

Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 AprilEditar

8 de abril de 2019 ás 10:56 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback requestEditar

Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua

The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page, by April 20. Grazas! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 12 de abril de 2019 ás 17:35 (UTC)

Update on the consultation about office actionsEditar

Hello all,

Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.

This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.

For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.

Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.

Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 16 de agosto de 2019 ás 08:03 (UTC)

New tools and IP maskingEditar

21 de agosto de 2019 ás 14:19 (UTC)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just startedEditar

-- Kbrown (WMF) 30 de setembro de 2019 ás 17:14 (UTC)

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements projectEditar

16 de outubro de 2019 ás 07:15 (UTC)

Community Wishlist 2020Editar

IFried (WMF) 4 de novembro de 2019 ás 19:30 (UTC)

Wiki Loves FolkloreEditar

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 18 de xaneiro de 2020 ás 06:14 (UTC)

Movement Learning and Leadership Development ProjectEditar

Hello

The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 22 de xaneiro de 2020 ás 19:01 (UTC)

Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pagesEditar

Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.

You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 26 de febreiro de 2020 ás 14:14 (UTC)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement InitiativeEditar

This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We will be addressing five separate wishes, which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and we want you to be a part of the process! The projects include the following:

For the first project, the team will focus on the #1 wish: improve ebook exports. We have created a project page, which includes an analysis of the ebook export process. We now invite everyone to visit the page and share their feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our analysis; we want to hear from all of you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the ebook export improvement talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 28 de maio de 2020 ás 10:46 (UTC)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement InitiativeEditar

Apologies for the broken links in the previous message. This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We will be addressing five separate wishes, which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and we want you to be a part of the process! The projects include the following:

For the first project, the team will focus on the #1 wish: improve ebook exports. We have created a project page, which includes an analysis of the ebook export process. We now invite everyone to visit the page and share their feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our analysis; we want to hear from all of you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the ebook export improvement talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 28 de maio de 2020 ás 10:51 (UTC)

Feedback on movement namesEditar

Ola!. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua if necessary. Grazas!

There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.

Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.

Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.

Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 2 de xullo de 2020 ás 19:39 (UTC)

Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.

Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract WikipediaEditar

Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 9 de xullo de 2020 ás 20:13 (UTC) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement

Technical Wishes: FileExporter and FileImporter become default features on all WikisEditar

Max Klemm (WMDE) 6 de agosto de 2020 ás 09:13 (UTC)

Feedback requested: Ebook Export Improvement ProjectEditar

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to announce that the Community Tech team at WMF has posted our August update on the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project! This project came out of our 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and it was the #1 wish voted on by survey participants.

So, what does this mean? In short, we want your feedback! Now that we have posted the August update, we want to know what you think. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two separate analyses conducted by the team (on improving WSExport reliability & font rendering support), and proposed next steps. It is our hope that people can read our analysis, share their feedback, and engage in a conversation with us on the talk page. Your feedback will be invaluable, and it will help determine the next steps of the project.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the consultation so far! It's been a joy to explore how we can improve the ebook export experience. Now, we look forward to reading a new round of feedback on the project talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by User:SGill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 17 de agosto de 2020 ás 12:14 (UTC)

Important: maintenance operation on September 1stEditar

Trizek (WMF) (talk) 26 de agosto de 2020 ás 13:49 (UTC)

Invitation to participate in the conversationEditar

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Ready to be enabledEditar

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce that the Wikisource Pagelist widget is now available to be enabled on all Wikisources. Any interface admin on your wiki can enable it by using the instructions on the following page:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:ProofreadPage/Pagelist_widget

In case, your wiki doesn’t have an interface admin, reach out to us on the ‘Help with enabling the widget on your wiki’ section of the project talk page and we will connect you with a global interface admin:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikisource_Pagelist_Widget#Help_with_enabling_the_widget_on_your_wiki

You will need to hold a local discussion around what would be the labels for different page types in your language for the visual mode. (For example, ToC = ਤਤਕਰਾ in Punjabi, title = শিরোনাম in Bengali)

Feel free to also give us any feedback on the project talk page on Meta-Wiki as well.

Regards

Sohom Datta

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 15 de setembro de 2020 ás 05:56 (UTC)

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Wikisource Meetup (29th September 2020)Editar

Hello everyone,

We hope you are doing well!

We reached out to you a couple of weeks ago to share that Wikisource Pagelist Widget is now ready to be enabled to Wikisource. Since then, many language Wikisources have enabled the widget but many are yet to do so.

So, we have decided to organize a Wikisource Meetup to give a live demonstration on how to use the widget in both wikitext and visual modes. There will be some time for the participants to share their feedback and experience with the widget. We will also provide support in case some Wikisource communities are seeking help in enabling the widget.

The meetup will take place on 29 September 2020 at 9:30 AM UTC or 3 PM IST. Google Meet link for the meeting is: http://meet.google.com/khu-dfph-qsd

Looking forward to seeing the global Wikisource community connect amid these difficult times when physical meetings have not been taking place.

P.S. If you are planning to attend this meetup and are comfortable in sharing your email address then send us your confirmation in the form of a small email to sgill@wikimedia.org, this will help us in getting a sense of the number of people that are planning to show-up. We are aware that this time-zone is not convenient for everyone and more meetups can be organized in the future.

Regards

Sohom, Sam and Satdeep

Sent by Satdeep using MediaWiki message delivery (conversa) 24 de setembro de 2020 ás 11:03 (UTC)

Wiki of functions naming contestEditar

29 de setembro de 2020 ás 21:13 (UTC)

Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubricEditar

Ola!. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Por favor, axude a traducir á súa lingua.

Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.

Grazas! Qgil-WMF (talk) 7 de outubro de 2020 ás 17:10 (UTC)

Important: maintenance operation on October 27Editar

-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 21 de outubro de 2020 ás 17:11 (UTC)

Wiki of functions naming contest - Round 2Editar

5 de novembro de 2020 ás 22:11 (UTC)

Pesquisa de lista de desejos da comunidade / Inquérito sobre a Lista de Desejos da Comunidade para 2021Editar

[‎português do Brasil] A Pesquisa de lista de desejos da comunidade 2021 já está aberto! Esta pesquisa é o processo em que as comunidades decidem quais são da equipe Comunidade tecnológica deve trabalhar no próximo ano. Incentivamos todos a enviar propostas até o prazo final 30 novembro, ou comentar outras propostas para ajudá-las a melhorar. As comunidades votarão nas propostas entre 8 decembro e 21 decembro.

A equipe da comunidade técnica está enfocada em ferramentas para editores experientes. Você pode escrever propostas em qualquer idioma, e nós as traduziremos para você. Obrigado e estamos ansiosos para ver suas propostas!


[‎português] O Inquérito sobre a Lista de Desejos da Comunidade para 2021 já abriu! Este inquérito éo processo pelo qual as comunidades decidem o que é que a equipa Comunidade Técnica deve trabalhar no próximo ano. Incentivamos todos a enviar propostas até o prazo final 30 novembro, ou comentar outras propostas ajudando-as a melhorar. As comunidades votarão nas propostas entre 8 decembro e 21 decembro.

A equipa da Comunidade Técnica está focada em ferramentas para editores experientes. Pode escrever propostas em qualquer idioma, e nós as traduziremos. Obrigado, estamos ansiosos para ver as suas propostas!

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 20 de novembro de 2020 ás 04:53 (UTC)

Global bot policy proposal: invitation to a Meta discussionEditar

Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and WatchlistEditar